IMBOLC International Music Festival is one of the highlights of the North West cultural calendar and one of Ireland's music festivals.
Just as the traditional Gaelic festival welcomes new life as a marker of spring, IMBOLC will once again be bringing in the brighter months ahead with a stellar line up that celebrates all iterations of folk, roots, and traditional Irish music...
Based in Derry’s Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin between the 28th of January to the 4th of February, over twenty-five artists from as far afield as Canada, India, and South-Korea, will be performing amongst our island’s own outstanding musical stock.
Now in its ninth year, the programming has truly found its stride as “a boutique festival for a boutique city - eclectically curated and refreshingly analogue” (as stated by the Guardian). From the epic collaboration of Michael Rooney and the Music Generation Cavan / Monaghan Cross Border Youth Orchestra, to the tribal Tradtronica of Huartan. Family favourites of Kíla, to an evening dedicated to burgeoning young acts from the vibrant local scene.
From workshops and masterclasses for dancers and musicians, to session trails snaking their way through the city’s renowned pubs and cafes (as well as its hidden gems). The festival combines the grassroots with the international, family-friendly festivities with their ever popular late night “Club Trad”, and most importantly, provides a platform for artists to experiment.
IMBOLC International Music Festival is generously supported by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Derry City and Strabane District Council.
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Guide dogs permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp / Level Access
- Ramp to main entrance
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Bar - The bar is open for the evening concerts only.
- Accommodation nearby - IMBOLC have partnered with City Hotel to host festivalgoers at a reduced rate. Visit the following for more information: https://www.cityhotelderry.com/offers
- First Aid
- Indoor Event
- Lessons/courses available
- Live music
- Tuition Available
- Wi-fi available
- Staff Fluent in Languages - Other - Gaeilge // Irish Language
Parking & Transport
- Frequent bus services
- Off site parking
- Station nearby
- In town/city centre
- Marketed Towards Families - Some events are for families. Visit the festival website for more details at www.imbolcfestival.com
- Non smoking establishment