Book Tickets Online
Excellent example of a tower-house and bawn built about 1568 at a point where the Newry River meets Carlingford Lough, a strategic spot.
There has been a keep on this site since 1212. It was originally built by Hugh de Lacy, first Earl of Ulster, to prevent attacks on Newry via the river, as part of the area's Norman fortifications. The original was destroyed in the 1641 Rebellion.
The castle is not open to the public but occasional group visits can be organised by making an application in writing.
(Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult).
- Free (parking charges may apply)
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.