Catching fresh breakfast with Catch and Sea
Feel the wind in your hair on this early morning fishing trip in the Atlantic Ocean.
Feel the wind in your hair on this early morning Atlantic Ocean fishing trip...
2020 tour dates:
- 18th July
- 15th August
- 19th September
More dates for July and August to be confirmed.
- £65 per adult
- £35 per child (6-16 years)
It’s very early in the morning when the skipper welcomes you aboard the boat for a fishing trip into the Atlantic Ocean. The bleary-eyed start is well worth it.
There is a sense of freedom and escape when leaving the quaint little harbour of Portstewart, breathing in the salty air, listening to the sea birds and taking in the fantastic view of the stunning coastline of the Causeway Coastal Route. You will also see first hand the sea passage our very first settlers to the island of Ireland took tens of thousands of years ago & learn about our unique food heritage from the River Bann.
The skipper on deck, and your guide have an infectious passion for the sea and are full of local knowledge and stories. But you are here to fish for your breakfast. You will experience the joy of having a fishing rod in your hands - perhaps for the first time; catching that fish and learning how to fillet it; lifting lobster pots; feeding the friendly, hungry, seabirds with fishy leftovers; taking pride in presenting your catch to the Chef. Finally seeing it cooked for breakfast and sampling in conjunction with award-winning local produce you may have never tasted, or been aware of, before that day. The breakfast experience illustrates the true meaning of ‘our place on a plate’; most of what you are eating is produced, grown or reared within a 30 mile radius.
- Advanced booking essential
- Approximately 3.5 hours in duration
- We request that all tour guests bring their own face mask / visor to wear onboard
- Waterproof jacket and trousers, non-slip shoes, hats and gloves recommended
- Boat capacity is 6 • Light refreshments provided on boat
- All tours hosts will apply rigorous hygiene practices and operate in adherence with government social distancing guidance.
- Tour hosts will wear masks and provide hand sanitiser.
Phone: 07912 408 256