Nelly’s Cottage is located at the foot of Camlough Mountain; Nelly was the Lady who owned the cottage she was known as the Maid of the Mountain. I thought it was agreat way to keep her memory alive by naming the Cottage after her.
It is a beautiful and tastfully furnished with so much love and thought with a modern traditional twist. The cottage overlooks Craigmore Viaduct more commonly known as the 18 Arches. The location is a walkers paradise, so much to explore and see, with magnificent views. The cottage is 5mins from Camlough Lake by car were water activities take place at different times of the year. It is very close to Newry City about 7 minutes by car, lots of shops bars and restaurants, yet the location keeps you in the country, surrounded by silence, perfect place to stay, relax and unwind, or for any other occasion.
The cottage is in a prime location to explore other areas, being 40mins from Belfast, 30mins from Armagh City, 60 mins from Dublin, and also quite central for any childrens local day trips such as
Fort Evergreen Farm Warrenpoint 20mins
Slievegullion Forest Park 10mins
Tannaghmore Gardens and Animal Farm 40mins
Gosford Forest Park 20Mins
To name but a few.
On a beautiful evening why not take in the magnificent veiws at the high-stool table and light the old victorian style fire outdoors and have a barbaque, unwind ready for tomorrows adventure.
Or on thoses cold winter evenings stay cosy indoors with the pot belly stove lit put on the TV read a book or simply sit back in the comfort of the cottage.
“Welcome pack” awaits your arrival with home made wheaten bread.
- Cooking / bbq facilities for guests use - The cottage has a fitted kitchen with Electric hob ,electric oven, and microwave. There is also a barbecue provided
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Cot & Highchair Available - A Travel cot can be provided and a chair that attaches to the dining room chair.
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Outside seating
- Central heating throughout - There is a wood burner, also oil heating in the Cottage, a thermostat in the hall allows guests to regulate the temperature. The timer is set to have hot water at all times.
- Hairdryers - 1 Hair dryer is provided
- Ironing facilities - There is an iron and ironing board in the cottage.
- Prior Booking Required
- Real log/coal fires
- Towels available
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Midweek breaks
- Monthly rates available
- Short breaks available
- Weekend breaks
- In countryside - The cottage is in the countryside but 7minutes from Newry City.
- Non smoking establishment