Coachman's Cottage was formerly living accommodation ancillary to Stranocum Hall, once the home of the Hutchinson family. Built in the mid 18th Century, the cottage was the home of the coachman, who served the Hutchinson family.
The cottage fell into substantial disrepair until it was fully renovated by the current owners of Stranocum Hall. Set in the grounds of the Hall, Coachman's Cottage has a spacious and airy open plan living, dining and well equipped kitchen main area. The kitchen has a dishwasher, coffee machine, fridge with ample freezer compartment, microwave oven, induction hob and full-sized oven. There is also a log burner in the living area for those cosy evenings during the cooler months of the year, although the cottage is fully centrally heated and has underfloor heating in the bathrooms for extra comfort.
The cottage has 2 bedrooms and each bedroom has its own ensuite and there is also a shower room on the ground floor. All bathrooms have heated towel rails as well as underfloor heating. Body wash and handsoap are provided. The twin beds in the second bedroom can be made into a super-king, should the need arise. A cot and other baby equipment can be provided by prior request.
There is a separate utility room with a washer dryer, ironing facilities and space to hang out drying clothes. No need to bring bottled water as the entire mains water is fitted with a comprehensive in line filtration system. Outside at the back, there is a private patio and an enclosed yard, which is exclusively available for use by guests.
The Dark Hedges are just two miles away. Other famous sites are also on the door step, including several locations used for filming Game of Thrones®, such as Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, Ballintoy Harbour, Murlough Bay, Cushendun Caves and Downhill beach. The famous Royal Portrush Golf Course and the Giant's Causeway are a 20-minute drive away.
The owners enjoy meeting new people and will make every effort to ensure your stay is one to remember
Children & Infants
- Cot & Highchair Available
- Prior Booking Required
- Private Garden - The cottage has a patio and an enclosed yard to the rear.
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - Parking is directly outside the front door of the cottage and is located in the courtyard belonging to Stranocum Hall. There is sloped access from the parking area directly to the front door of the cottage, which can accommodate a wheelchair.
- All major credit/debit cards accepted - Booking is via an accommodation platform which will handle all payments.
- Euros accepted
- In countryside - Access to the cottage is up the private driveway and through the grounds of Stranocum Hall. Own transport is essential as this is a country location.
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Out of town
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer Available
- Ironing Facilities
- Sleeps 4
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Tumble Dryer
- TV In Bedrooms
- Washing Machine
- Disabled access rooms - The front door, entrance hallway and lounge areas are wheelchair accessible.