Book Tickets Online
Trek with one alpaca, walking in pastures with over 100 more. Special access this year for CRIA Watch 2023
Here at the home of the largest breeding herd on the island of Ireland, we are delighted to share alpaca life with you. You can trek with an alpaca, meet 'n greet lots of alpacas, eat your picnic in the greeting paddock, surrounded by alpacas, and watched by our ducks and hens.
Alpaca Trekking - Your trekking experience around our breeding farm includes a fascinating talk at our Alpaca Space about the life of alpacas in our very large breeding herd, followed by a trek leading your own or walking with a friend leading an alpaca, through and alongside pastures with over 100 more alpacas, where you may see new born cria throughout the Summer enjoying the grass and pronking about.
Your trek will finish with refreshments in the Meet 'n Greet paddock and lots of chances for selfies with our fleecy friendly alpacas.
CRIA Watch - Completely unique to Mourne Alpacas, stroll to our nursery paddocks and literally Cria Watch - the magical opportunity to observe stunning new life and new alpaca families.
Cria is the term for a baby alpaca and we welcome beautiful new cria births from June to September - you might even be lucky to see Crias actually being 'unpacked'! (two nursery paddocks available always, if you prefer less real-life drama)
Pinic Tables - Picnic experiences booked allow you to take your own picnic and enjoy it in the company of alpacas, hens and ducks. We supply your tea, coffee and juice while you enjoy the pastures and our animals watching you watching them.
All our picnic pasture is fully accessible flat terrain, and we have accessible facilities on our farm for the all-inclusive experience.
Our tables can be reserved for picnics for a session from 12noon until 13.30pm or 15:00 - 16:30 on available days, and many other times by request for a personalised experience.
Our Alpaca store will be open for you to avail of stunning alpaca products and momentos of your visit.
Remember - suitable footwear and clothing for field/paddock conditions - suncream and hats for the summer weather we all hope to get, coats and wellies for the days we are all too used to with damp conditions.
Please contact us for the perfect bespoke experience for anyone with special requirements - we aim for all inclusive and fun experiences for all.
Our Mourne Alpaca trekking, our unique CRIA Watch experience and picnic experiences are bookable on our booking pages on our website; If you have a special request, or a party, a group, coming from a school, daycentre, hen party etc, please simply email us email@example.com to ask us to tailor your visit to make it the best experience with alpacas on our farm that you can have.
We have over 100 alpacas, and can accommodate special needs and requests for access to alpacas in small and directed sessions, and offer therapeutic sessions by arrangement - simply email us and we can have a chat.
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Guide dogs permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp / Level Access
- Ramp to main entrance
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Gift Shop
- Guided Tours Available
- Open Evenings
- Open Sundays
- Picnic Area - Wheelchair accessible picnic tables situated in one of our alpaca pastures where you can bring your own lunch, having booked a table, and enjoy your lunch in the company of alpacas ducks and hens! We provide tea, coffee and juice for all in your party once a picnic table booking has been made!
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's Parties
- Facilities for children
- Highchairs Available
- Suitable for Children
- Accept coach parties
- Accommodation nearby
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for individuals
- Cater for school groups
- Family Fun
- Gift vouchers
- Groups accepted
- Groups catered for
- Lessons/courses available
- Online Booking
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wi-fi available
- Booking Required
- French spoken - limited but we are able to cope!
- Outdoor activities
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Coach parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- All major credit/debit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Euros accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Visa Debit Accepted
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed Towards Students / Youth
- Open by appointment only
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Out of town
- Outdoor Attraction
- Unique venue
- Village Location
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
Travel & Trade
- Family Discount
Our Mourne Alpaca trekking, our unique CRIA Watch experience and picnic experiences are bookable on our booking pages on our website; If you have a special request, or a party, a group, coming from a school, daycentre, hen party etc, please simply email us firstname.lastname@example.org