Lough Erne, County Fermanagh
Discover one of the world’s most beautiful waterways.
- £70 per hour for group of up to 8/£10 per hour individual rate
- Enniskillen, County Fermanagh
- Fully guided boat tour and island exploration
The best way to really see the Fermanagh Lakelands is from the water, so hop in a boat and explore the many islands of Lough Erne. And if that boat is skippered by Barry Flanagan, you will see and hear so much more.
There is no set itinerary and countless possibilities. Starting from Enniskillen, Ireland’s only island town, Barry will choose your route, based on his knowledge of Lough Erne’s changing currents, seasons and movements of wildlife. As you travel, he will show you secretive creatures such as kingfishers, and intrigue you with poignant stories of these islands, which for centuries were home to thriving communities.
On Devenish Island you can experience the peace of the sixth century monastery. Like your time on Lough Erne, it seems far removed from the pace of the everyday modern world.
- Advance booking required
- Approximately 1.5 hours in duration
- Walking footwear and rain jacket recommended for exploring the islands
- Café available at departure point