Padraig Carragher is a woodturner, storyteller, musician and owner of Bluebell Lane Glamping in a designated area of outstanding natural beauty, the Ring of Gullion in County Armagh. Adjacent to Padraig's home on the site of a centuries old mill, once known as "The Big House" and a place where local farmers gathered in bygone days is now his modern woodturning studio.
Set on 26 acres, Padraig has planted over 20,000 native trees creating a beautiful private woodland filled with local wildlife and a sustainable raw material for his woodturning production. Inspired by the neolithic art of woodturning dating back 3,000 years and the beauty of Ireland's ancient form of writing Ogham, Padraig demonstrates the age old craft before guiding you through the processes to create your very own Celtic Pendant etched in Ogham.
Using locally sourced native trees, learn how to use the lathe, sharpen tools, sand and finish under the expert guidance of Padraig. Stroll through the beautiful private woodland and learn how these trees have been used in woodturning for centuries throughout Ireland while enjoying the fresh country air and surrounding beauty of Slieve Gullion.
• Padraig Carragher - expert woodturner, proud South Armagh native, storyteller, musician
• The Studio - centuries old mill, known locally as "The Big House", centre to the farming community
• Location - at the foot of the heather clad Slieve Gullion in a designated area of outstanding beauty
• Storytelling - a land steeped in myths and legends, stories of Cú Chulainn and Fionn mac Cumhaill
• Woodturning - an ancient Irish craft dating back to Neolithic Ireland. Learn the age-old skill
• Create a Celtic Pendant - a unique wooden pendant from native Irish trees, etched with Ogham
• Recharge - breathe the fresh country air, stroll through this area of immeasurable beauty
- COVID-19 measures in place
- Booking Required
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Ticket||£80.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.