170g/ 6oz flour
1 dessertspoon milk
113g/ 4oz butter
1 ½ caster sugar
1lb/ 450g Armagh Bramley Apples
1/3 pint/ 190 mls whipping cream
1. Set your oven to 150c, 300f or gas mark 3.
2. Make the pastry by the rubbing in method. Do not add any extra liquid. If the mixture appears dry press it together firmly with the fingers.
2. Knead pastry together firmly and put into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured board.
4. Cut with a fluted pastry cutter to suit the size of your pastry case and line them. There is no need to grease them.
5. Prick with a fine skewer and bake in a moderate oven until a light biscuit colour, approx. 25 minutes.
6. Cool slightly and remove onto a cooling tray (these freeze well).
7. Fill each case with a spoonful of stewed apple and top with whipped cream.
Recipe: Margaret Kempton