Book Tickets Online
AboutDan Winters is an original mud wall thatched cottage which was built in 1623. The cottage consists of living quarters, spirit grocers and weavers quarters, with a full working loom.
It is situated in the centre of the site where the famous Battle of the Diamond took place in 1795, and its timbers still bear the scorch marks from when the house was set alight during the battle.
At 94ft long it is believed to be the longest thatched cottage in Ireland.
- Guided Tours Available
- Open Sundays
- Picnic Area
- Accept coach parties
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Free (parking charges may apply)