Young Travel Writers 2018 Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for competitions run by Tourism Northern Ireland
Eligibility to enter
1. Employees of Tourism Northern Ireland (TNI) and their families and agents in Northern Ireland are not eligible to enter.
2. Only one entry is permitted per person. Duplicate entries will not be considered.
3. Entries must be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com by a parent or guardian, who on the date of submitting their child’s entry is 18 years old or above, and is resident in Northern Ireland.
4. The winner’s parent or guardian agrees to co-operate and provide all information necessary for TNI to arrange the prize.
How to enter
1. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
2. Entries must be received by midnight on Monday 12th November 2018.
3. By entering the competition the entrant agrees that the content is original and remains liable for any plagiarism or infringement of third party rights.
4. TNI and their agents accept no responsibility for any technical difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this competition.
5. To enter the competition, the entrant must supply an entry on the topic: ‘How I explored Northern Ireland this year’.
6. Entrants must enter the correct category based on their age.
7. Entrants must comply with the written or video requirements specified in their designated age category and email the entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The winning entrant will be selected by TNI in accordance with the following process (the “winner”):
a) The winning entries will be chosen on behalf of TNI by a panel of judges including novelist Sheena Wilkinson; Gemma O’Neill, illustrator and children’s author; Iain Greenway, Director of Historic Environment Division in the Department for Communities; novelist Glenn Patterson; and travel expert Fionn Davenport, who will choose their favourite story among the entries submitted for each category. The overall winning entry will be selected by Rosemarie McHugh, Director of Product Development at Tourism Northern Ireland.
b) The winners will be selected during the week commencing 19th November 2018 and notified via the email address used on the entry form by 30th November 2018. All further communications to redeem the prize (defined below) shall be carried out via email using the email address provided to TNI.
2. The decision of TNI regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
1. Each category winner will receive a GoPro Hero 5 as the prize.
2. The overall winner will receive a weekend in Blackhead Lightkeeper’s House for a family (2 adults and up to 3 children) with a private tour of the lighthouse.
3. The overall winner prize will take place the weekend of 4th – 6th May 2019. The overall winner must be available on these dates to avail of the prize.
4. There is no cash alternative and the prize is non-transferable to another person put forward by the winner.
5. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or competition.
6. TNI may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrants concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry acts in a way towards TNI which TNI reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive.
7. If the winning entries are disqualified TNI reserves the right to award the prizes to other entrants.
8. By acceptance of the prize, the winners agree to take part in any content dissemination, competitional & editorial activity including being filmed and interviewed by TNI.
9. TNI accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize.
1. All personal information will be used solely in connection with the competition. By entering the competition, entrants grant TNI the right to use and publish the entrants’ name and entry in such material as TNI may choose (including the internet and social media) for competitional purposes in connection with the prize without additional consideration. Such entries, images and associated usernames will be public to all.
2. TNI promises to store and process your data safely and securely and will never share or sell your data to anyone else.
3. Your data will be stored on the Woobox platform until one week after the competition closes at which point your data will be transferred to our email marketing database (if you consented to receive the Discover NI newsletter) or deleted (if you did not consent to receiving the Discover NI newsletter).
1. This competition does not and is not intended to constitute a legal relationship between entrants and TNI.
2. We reserve the right to alter, amend or end this competition without prior notice in the event that circumstances make this unavoidable.
3. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. To the extent permitted by law, TNI reserves the right to amend, suspend or withdraw the competition or these Terms and Conditions.
4. Each entrant must also comply with TNI’s general terms and conditions available on TNI’s website: https://discovernorthernireland.com/footer/competition-terms-and-conditions/
5. TNI reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
6. TNI reserves the right to disqualify any entries where TNI knows or has reason to believe that the publication of their entry could lead to damage to TNI’s reputation or business.