26 things to do in Belfast on a Sunday
Blogs, Belfast, Things to do
Published March 14, 2017
Stuck for ideas on what to do in Belfast this weekend? Then wonder no more. We've taken the leg work out of it for you with our top 26 things to do in Belfast on a Sunday.
1. Explore Northern Ireland's Ship Building Past with a visit to the 5* Titanic Belfast - the World's Leading Tourist Attraction - and the Titanic Dock and Pump House Tour. Titanic Belfast Sunday opening: 09:00 - 19:00 June - July, returning to 09:00 - 18:00 in September.
Photo: Courtesy of HMS Caroline
3. Experience Belfast's rich cultural heritage with a trip to one of its famous landmark buildings including Belfast City Hall (City Hall tours operate at 12:00, 14:00 and 15:00 on a Sunday) and Crumlin Road Gaol (Tours from 10:00 - 16:30).
4. Get out and about and explore Belfast's many open spaces, Why not make a day of it and dine al fresco - There are plenty of places to choose from.
5. Enjoy an afternoon tea experience with your friends at one of Belfast's traditional tea rooms or hotels.
6. Explore the city from a different viewpoint by sailing down the Lagan on a boat tour.
7. Board an open-top bus and discover the City on a hop-on, hop-off sightseeing tour.
8. Get up close and personal with the animals at Belfast Zoo - home to more than 14 zoo species - many of which are in danger in their natural habitat.
9. Check out Northern Ireland's local sports scene and catch a match, or watch Belfast Giants take on their latest opponents at the SSE Arena.
10. Tee off at one of Belfast's many golf courses and play your own ultimate round.
11.Tantalise the taste buds with a visit to St George's Market and enjoy some of Belfast's finest artisan produce.
12. Savour the moment with a glass of something cold at one of Belfast's famous pubs, or sample a batch craft beer at a local distillery.
13. Dine high in one of Belfast's Michelin starred restaurants - OX or Deane's Eipic.
14. Meet the people who are passionate about our local food on a food tour of the city or join a cookery class and get a true taste of Northern Ireland.
15. Get on your bike and peddle along one of the many cycle trails in and around the city and discover Belfast's hidden gems.
16. Bounce your way to Europe’s largest and Northern Ireland’s only true Trampoline Park We are Vertigo.
17. Discover your inner art critic and visit a gallery or catch a play at one of Belfast's many art galleries and theatres.
18. Come face to face with the Mouse, Snake, Owl, Snake and a very large Gruffalo on the Gruffalo Walking Trail at Colin Glen Forest Park.
20. Shop to you drop with some retail therapy in Belfast City Centre or visit one of the many independent shops in and around the city.
21. Walk the Belfast Hills and stand at top of Divis Mountain for the the best vantage points of the city.
22. Discover our ancient past with a trip to Belfast's award winning Ulster Museum.
23. Explore our Christian heritage with a visit to St. Anne's Cathedral or one of the many other beautiful churches dotted around the city.
24. Take a tour of Queen's University or visit the latest exhibition at the University's Naughton Gallery.
25. Visit historic Belfast Castle and Cavehill Country Park where you'll be rewarded with great views over Belfast Lough and the city.
26. As day turns to dusk, catch a show at Belfast's Waterfront Hall making your journey to Belfast City a memorable one this weekend.
Book a weekend break to Belfast
Why not make a break of it and plan your Belfast City getaway today with www.discovernorthernireland.com
Whatever you get up to in Belfast this Sunday, make sure and capture the moment and share your story with us at #discovernorthernireland.
* Opening times may vary throughout the year. Please check with the operator before your visit to avoid disappointment.
Posted by Mags
Welcome to my blog.