AboutThere has been a farm dwelling on this site for over 250 years. Keith’s family leased the farm from the Kilmory Estate in 1798 and the family has remained on the farm ever since. Our children are the ninth generation on the farm.
We are a working farm growing potatoes and keeping beef cattle. We harvest potatoes daily from mid-June until autumn. We then continue to sell from the farm until they are finished, usually the following March.
The Booley has a cosy country cottage feel and is close to the beach and the Mourne Mountains. It is a converted 250 year old farm building, perfect for a couple, two friends or a family with younger children. Walkers are welcome. All mod cons to make your stay enjoyable and to make the experience of staying on a working farm really enjoyable.
The Booley has a full kitchen with spacious living dining room. It is equipped with central heating, immediate hot water, Wifi, TV with Netflix and Amazon Prime, bedroom with two king sized beds, one single and en-suite shower room. We have a travel cot available for babies but as we are a working farm small children should be accompanied at all times while in the yard.
We are on the A2 between Annalong and Kilkeel just out side the village of Ballymartin.
If not arriving by car, there is a Bus Station is in Kilkeel and one in Newcastle.
The No. 37 goes past the house. The bus stop (both sides of the road) is 100yds to the right from the front gate.
Pets are welcome but, for their own safety, dogs must be kept on a leash and we charge £10 to cover the extra cleaning.
There is secure storage for bicycles.
Welcome to our home and enjoy your stay.
- Northern Ireland Kiosk - Culture and History
- Northern Ireland Kiosk - Escape Outdoors
- Northern Ireland Kiosk - Family Friendly
- Guide dogs permitted
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Child seat available
- Children's play area - Outdoor enclosed garden.
- Cot & Highchair Available
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking only
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Central heating throughout
- Ironing facilities
- Linen available free of charge
- Pets accepted
- Prior Booking Required
- Private Garden
- Towels available
- Washing & Drying facilities on site
- Television in lounge/TV room
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Additional charge for pets
- All major credit/debit cards accepted
- Euros accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Monthly rates available
- Short breaks available
- Weekend breaks
- Dogs Welcome Inside
- Dogs Welcome Outside
- In countryside
- Out of town
Room / Unit Features
- Central heating in all units
- Colour television in all units
- Hairdryer Available
- Hairdryer in all units
- Ironing Facilities
- Sleeps 4
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine